Sunday 10 June 2007

1980s arcade shoot-'em-ups

I love playing old 1980s arcade shoot-‘em-ups on my computer, and shouting “KILL!!!” as I blast fuck out of hundreds of planes or spaceships. I like to imagine that there are real pilots inside the ships, with families and loved ones who care about them, as I slaughter them with gusto. I like the tinny, repetitive, annoying music and the frenetic, stressful gameplay – it makes me feel mindless and hysterical. I like the fact that I can have unlimited continues and can play like shit and it doesn’t matter, as I don’t have to keep putting in 20p’s. Mainly I like to imagine that I am a ruthless warlord indulging in merciless destruction of people’s lives.

1 comment:

Rog' Pile said...

Noah, I can get tough, too. I've just linked you to Steve's blog. I think you'll get on fine (God help the rest of us):(

Steve