Monday 6 August 2007

Mr Fitzgibbons

“You see, the world was originally in my possession, but along the way somewhere it slipped out of my control. Don’t you DARE move your hand! Keep - it – exactly – THERE…

…God that stinks…it reminds me of the ovens…dark days they were…not that you’d know anything about THAT, with your portable-music-systems and your fancy clothes. I remember the first time I threw a brick at a man’s head, as if it was yesterday. I drift back there, and the crunch of skull and squish of brains permeates my consciousness like so much perfume! Time was, I was a muscular, powerful modern-day warrior – DON’T MOVE YOUR FUCKING HAND I TOLD YOU ONCE ALREADY – and many little tarts writhed beneath my sinewy frame. I once managed to actually grab a pigeon’s wing as it flew past, I was that quick…I tore the stupid thing off and gave it to the woman I was seeing…the colonel’s wife. STOP WRIGGLING. I waited for the wing to harden and mummify somewhat, before displaying it in a fine leather case and presenting it to the lady…it had the instant effect of destroying THAT burgeoning relationship, I must say! Ha ha ha ha!

…your screaming is incredibly vulgar. Did you see that film on the television a few years ago? I believe it was an Antipodean production, concerning a little robot designed to rob banks. Always found that an amusing diversion, that piece. I am not long for this world…

…now Dorothy, you slag…my work is done. I have succeeded in burning off your left hand over this little gas stove, a stove that has actually been in possession since I was in the Cadets. Please adjourn to the garden shed and whimper there. I intend to imbibe a few glasses of port and complete Donkey Kong Country”

No comments: